Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Main Navigation


Front Page > breadcrumbs: District > breadcrumbs: District Policies >


Ajax Loading Image


Schooling Options and Housing Insecurity

Updated May 31st, 2022

Are you experiencing housing insecurity?

Many different living situations can qualify a student for aid:

• In a house or apartment with more than one family due to loss of housing or economic hardship.

• With friends, family, or others because they are a runaway or an unaccompanied youth.

• In substandard housing (without electricity, water, heat, etc.).

• In a shelter (family, domestic violence, youth, transitional living program, etc.).

• In a motel, hotel, weekly rate housing. • In an abandoned building, in a car, at a campground, or on the streets.

A student may:

• Participate fully in all school activities and programs as eligible.

• Receive transportation to and from the school of origin.

• Continue to attend the last-enrolled school even if the student has moved away from that school’s attendance area.

• Qualify automatically for school nutrition programs.

A student must be enrolled in school immediately, even without required documents such as:

• Proof of residency.

• Immunization records or other health records.

• School records.

• Legal guardianship papers

For more information:

Kent Hawley

Griggsville-Perry CUSD 4


Amanda Isringhausen-ROE #1

(217) 243-1804 x 2

Griggsville-Perry CUSD 4202 North StanfordGriggsville, IL  62340

p. 217.833.2352

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Back To Top